Leslie Ann’s Favorite Holiday Snack Recipe
Every year at Christmas and New Year's Eve, I make my favorite snack. It's not only delicious but I am very nostalgic about it since my Grandmother used to make it every Christmas when I visited. I'm talking about Chex Mix. Not the kind you buy in the store! I make my own Chex snack mix and it's best enjoyed when it's warm from the oven in my humble opinion. Here's how I make it.
This is my version of the Original Chex Mix recipe: (very close to the original)
note: feel free to substitute in whatever type of small snack item you like for the pretzels or you can add more, you just need to increase the other ingredients proportionally.
3 cups of Rice Chex Mix
3 cups of Corn Chex Mix
3 cups of Wheat Chex Mix
2 cups of some type of bite size pretzels
2 cups of salted mixed nuts
6 TBS of butter
1 1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of onion powder
1 tsp of garlic powder
2 TBS of Worcestershire Sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees
2. Mix all of the Chex, nuts and pretzels in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter and add in the rest of your ingredients. Mix it well with a whisk.
4. Pour the liquid onto your snack mix and mix it good to cover all the tasty bites.
5. Bake in a shallow baking pan for one hour. Mix the snack mix every 15 minutes so it all bakes evenly.