Herkimer County Emergency Operations Releases Update
As Herkimer County residents and businesses transition from emergency operations into recovery and rebuilding, the Herkimer County Emergency Operations Center offers the following points of contact. This and other updated information is also available at www.herkimerflood.org.
NYS Flood Helpline: 1 (888) 769-7243 from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on weekends.
For additional information regarding the Mohawk Valley and 2013 Upstate Flood Recovery Program application process:
- Visit www.nyshcr.org/Programs/NYS-Flood
- Call the NYS Flood Helpline at 1 (888) 769-7243 from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on weekends.
For information regarding the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) disaster loan information and application forms:
Volunteer Opportunities: There is an extreme shortage of volunteers to help residents in Herkimer County who have been affected by the severe weather and flooding. If you or your organization is interested in volunteering to help with the recovery efforts, please call (716) 796-1656.
American Red Cross: (315) 733-4666
Salvation Army: (315) 866-1240
- Inspection program: 1 (800) 260-0054
- Gas or electric services re-start: 1 (800) 642-4272
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation permits:
- Visit www.dec.ny.gov/permits/89343
- Call (315) 793-2555, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
For information on your municipality’s debris removal procedures, contact your municipal supervisor or department of public works. For information on those individuals, visit herkimercounty.org/content/Generic/View/5.
In case of emergency, please call 911.