Recipe of the Day: Dairy-Free Cherry Chaga Popsicles
Now that the warm weather is here to stay it's officially popsicle season. Normally, popsicles are a fruity, sugar-filled treat without many health benefits, but with this recipe, we pack in the superfoods. These cherry pops are made with powder from the mushroom Chaga which helps boost energy and focus, and other all-natural, dairy-free ingredients like coconut milk which won't weigh you down or make you sluggish. These are the perfect chillers for children, anyone with allergies, or athletes who want to cool off and stay focused. When you choose to eliminate dairy from your diet, you can lower inflammation in your body likely caused by animal products such as cheese and milk. Enjoy these tasty popsicles all summer long and reap the benefits of Chaga.
Dairy-Free Cherry Chaga Popsicles
Makes 3-5 popsicles (depending on mold size)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons natural maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh cherries or raspberries
- 1 tbsp Om Chaga Powder
- In a food processor or hand blender, puree the raspberries or cherries and Chaga until smooth and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk and honey or maple syrup.
- Combine Chaga berry mixture and coconut milk mixture and stir until well swirled.
- Pour into the popsicle mold, add sticks and freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight.
Nutritionals Four Popsicles
Calories 304 | Total Fat 14.3 | Saturated Fat 12.7 | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 15mg | Total Carbohydrates 35g | Dietary Fiber 1.4g | Total Sugars 27g | Protein 1.4 g | Calcium 32mg | Iron 2mg | Potassium 177mg |