Middlefield Family Loses home To Fire, Needs Help
The Middlefield man who lost his home in a fire 11 days ago doesn’t have insurance to cover his home.Bill Miller said the accidental fire was started by a candle and his grandchildren are to be commended for saving the lives of everyone in the family. The home on Route 166 was called in about 7:20 a.m. on July 9th. Miller said the fire department did a great job in fighting the fire. He has knocked down what was left. Some of the family of 10 are living in a camper at the house site for now and others are staying with family in Milford. Donation cans are set up in Cherry Valley, Milford , Cooperstown and Oneonta to help the family rebuild. Also, the Middlefield Fire Department is holding a Chinese auction on July 30 to raise funds for them.