Middlefield Blaze Sends Five to Bassett Hospital
Wednesday night, a garage fire ended up sending five firefighters to Bassett Hospital. According to AllOTSEGO, during the blaze a gas explosion occurred, possibly from a propane tank inside the garage, injuring five firefighters, three from the Cooperstown Volunteer Fire Department. The extent of the injured emergency workers is not known at this time.
Assisting fire companies came from Cooperstown, Milford, Middlefield and other departments.
For more on this story, provided in partnership with AllOTSEGO, click here.