Two Schenevus families are receiving assistance from the Mohawk Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross after a fire Friday night at their 112 Main Street home. According to Otsego County Fire Wire, firefighters found the two-story dwelling fully engulfed and those inside made it out safely, although one person was transported to A. O. Fox Hospital.

The Red Cross provided financial assistance for necessities such as shelter, food and clothing to 6 adults and three children, ages 12, 14 and 17. The Red Cross staff and volunteers will continue to help those affected by the fire as they recover.