Family Snow Tubing In New York, Fun for Everyone? Yes!
What is your Winter plan? We have the holidays for the next 30 days or so and then what? Will you hibernate, gain weight and get caught up on every show anyone has recommended to you? Or, will you take part in Winter?
New York State has so much to offer all year round and Winter can be a magical time with attractions like the Ice Castles in Lake George and Chowder Fest coming to Saratoga. There is always skiing and snowboarding but what about something that requires far less athletic ability, what about snow tubing?
There are several mountains in New York and close by to hit the slopes and enjoy that white powder but this time it would be cool to slide down the mountain on a snow tube. Here are a few area mountains that offer this kind of fun for the whole family.
Hunter Mountain Snow Tubing Park, Hunter, New York
- Nearly 1000 feet of slip sliding fun for the whole family.
- Hours may vary at the Snow Tubing Park due to weather conditions.
- Space is limited
- When open tubing runs Fridays from 5pm - 7pm, Saturdays from 10am - 7pm and Sundays from 10am - 3pm
- Tickets start at $25 per person and that's good for 2 hours
Plattekill Mountain, Roxbury, New York
- The fiercely independent, privately owned and operated, Ski Plattekill
- Skiing, snowboarding and snowtubing
- 38 trails
- Big mountain terrain and small mountain charm
- Call 607-326-3500
West Mountain, Queensbury, New York
- 4 and older are welcome to tube
- Projected to open Christmas Eve (12/24/2022)
- 4 upper lanes
- 6 lower lanes
- Check HERE for tickets and additional info