Chenango, Delaware, & Otsego County COVID-19 Update
According to the Otsego County Department of Health, an increase in COVID-19 cases at Hartwick College has pushed the total in the county to nearly 1,000. Hartwick’s case count is now 39 while 753 are attributed to SUNY Oneonta.
An update from Hartwick College as of 10:15am this morning:
College officials are now reporting 12 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed on campus, bringing the total active cases up to 27. Since August, COVID-19 total cases are at 48. In order to quell the spread of the virus, the college also states that effective immediately and until further notice:
- All campus dining will be takeout only,
- Use of Campbell Fitness Center and recreational use of indoor athletic facilities is suspended,
- The Hartwick Campus continues to remain closed to all non-approved visitors.
- All students are encouraged to remain on campus
- Classroom instruction will continue as scheduled.
Delaware County Public Health says the county has 3 more confirmed coronavirus cases for a total of 165 with 4 people hospitalized.
Chenango County Health reports a new COVID-19 positive individual was at the Greene Bowlodrome a week ago, Thursday (10/22/20) between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. The health department advises that for those who were at the Bowlodrome at that time, to monitor for symptoms.
The Governor and all of our county health departments are advising diligence with handwashing, wearing masks in public, and for everyone to continue with social distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19.