Be Prepared: New Tour Policy Impacts Syracuse Fans of The Jonas Brothers
Back in May, the Jonas Brothers announced they were hitting the road for the Remember This tour with Kelsea Ballerini this summer. They'll be making their way to the St. Joseph's Health Ampitheater at Lakeview on September 26.
With the increased transmission of COVID-19 across the county and the delta variant causing the havoc it has, the band took to their social media platforms to announce a change to their tour policy. They are requiring proof of vaccination or a negative test within 72 hours of the date.
As you can imagine, we are SO pumped to be back on the road for the #RememberThisTour and playing shows for you all again feels incredible! It's really important that we all work to keep each other safe, so we have a tour update for you. The #RememberThisTour will now be requiring proof of a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of your event OR proof of vaccination to attend all shows on the tour beginning with our August 27, 2021 show.
They include in the announcement that more details will be sent out to concert-goers prior to the date of their show. Tickets are still available via Live Nation.
Onondaga County currently is in the high zone on the CDC transmission rate map. Here's the stats as is stands as of August 23:
- 282,574 People with completed Vaccine Series
- 304,134 People with at least one Vaccine Dose
- 65.9% of Population with at least one Vaccine Dose
- 78.2% of 18+ Population with at least one Vaccine Dose
- 461,809 Total County Population
Searching the Lakeview website, there is no information yet for the Jonas Brothers show - but there is similar guidance for the Foo Fighters show happening September 15.
- All fans must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks after final dose) and provide proof of vaccination; i.e. original vaccination card or a copy of vaccination card. Or, have received a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test within 48-hours before entry to the facility and provide proof of negative result to security prior to entering the venue.
- Unvaccinated fans under 12 years of age will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 48-hours before entry to the facility and will provide proof of negative result to security prior to entering the venue.
- Unvaccinated fans over 12 years old with a valid medical restriction & medical reason will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 48-hours before entry to the facility, and will provide proof of negative result to security prior to entering the venue.
- Will not attend the event and will request a refund if:
- Anyone in your party have recently been exposed to a confirmed COVID-19 case; or,
- Are exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19 in the 24-hour period prior to the event.
- These confirmations will apply to all members of your party before they are allowed to enter the event and to any users of the tickets purchased by you.
- Current CDC guidelines, encourage all guests to wear a mask for the duration of the event.
Once the guidance for the Jonas Brothers show has been released, we will update this story.
Does the mandate change your mind about wanting to attend the show? Let us know inside our station app.