Zombies To Walk Oneonta For A Good Cause
If you see a group of zombies walking (shuffling?) down Oneonta NY's Main Street on October 13th don't be alarmed. It's not the long-awaited zombie apocalypse, it's the 8th Annual Oneonta Zombie Walk. Zombie enthusiasts this one's for you! You can either join the creeping ghouls or watch in trepidation as the scary crowd moves down Main Street to end up at Foothills Performing Arts Center where Author-Con Parahorror festival is going on.
The best part is, the zombies are walking for a good cause and will be collecting donations for Super Heroes in Ripped Jeans, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping homeless dogs and cats. You can donate any of the items listed below and bring them to the "collection coffin" (pictured below) located right outside the Secret Comix Cave at 3200 Chestnut Street in Oneonta.
Suggested items to donate:
- Any monetary amount so needed items can be purchased
- Dawn Ultra dishwashing liquid- original scent
- Jif creamy peanut butter
- Gain HE original laundry detergent
- Hefty Ultra Strong kitchen trash bags- 13 gallon
- Pet-friendly cleaning products- (pine sol is Not pet friendly)
- Animal foods- grain-free is best but they will take what they can get.
- Canned cat foods which are of the pate' variety- including the kitten food.
- Check out their Amazon wishlist by going on-line to Amazon.com and search for Super Heroes in Ripped Jeans.
- The gift of your time as a volunteer is also appreciated
To find out more about the 8th Annual Oneonta Zombie Walk, visit the event facebook page by clicking here.