St. Mary’s In Oneonta Hosting Earth Day Events
This Friday and Saturday, April 22nd and 23rd, St. Mary's Church on Walnut Street in Oneonta will be hosting events to celebrate Earth Day (April 23rd) and earth stewardship. On Friday from 9 a.m. to noon, you can bring personal papers to be shredded for free. The truck will be in the church parking lot.
On Saturday, there will exhibits, children's activities, recycle collection, vendors, and food from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Get the details below:
RECYCLE COLLECTION: Collected by Boy Scout Troop 23
- computers, monitors, accessories
- ink and toner cartridges
- cell phones
- iPads and accessories
- makes and take home craft projects using recycled materials
- start tomato seeds for a home garden
- Youth Groupd WildLife Federation - endangered species
EARTH DAY CAFE:
- soup, sandwiches, salads, desserts and beverages available for sale
- Otsego County Soil & Water
- Habitat For Humanity
- Microbead polution
- articulated skeletons
- Casella Waste Management
- Great Brook Solar
- Green Building EMCOR
- Geothermal Energy of Oneonta
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:20 a.m.: Bob Knox, homeowner to talk about "Savings with Geothermal Energy"
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.: Karen Sullivan to talk about "Growth, Use and Positive Outcome of Otsego County's Recycling Program"
- 12:30 p.m to 1:20 p.m. : Carol Phelps, Master Gardner to present "Composting: Keeping It Real"
- 1:30 p.m. to 2:20 p.m. : Kirt Mykytn, homeowner to present "I'm Sold On Solar"