Oneonta Brush & Yard Waste Pickup Continues
The Oneonta Department of Public Service will conduct curbside residential brush pick up in Wards 1-4, Nov. 14 -18 and Wards 5-8, Nov. 21-23. Place brush & yard waste at the curb by 7:00 a.m. Monday.
The final citywide collection is scheduled for the week of November 28th after which all brush and yard waste will need to be brought to the DPS yard on Silas Lane.
The following procedures must be followed to ensure the collection of your brush and yard waste:
- Brush and yard waste must be at the curb for collection no later than 7:00 a.m. on Monday of your scheduled week.
- Please have brush and yard waste out no sooner than the weekend before your scheduled pickup to prevent possible code violation.
- Please note that the maximum diameter for brush is 3” (logs cannot be split)
Maximum length of limbs is 4’.
- Brush and bags of yard waste should be placed in the median, between the sidewalk and the curb, and will not be collected from alleys or vacant lots. If the sidewalk and the curb are contiguous, with no median, brush should be placed on the lawn adjacent to the sidewalk.
- Stack brush in one large pile away from mailboxes, utility poles/boxes, hydrants, and parked vehicles; place bags of yard waste next to the pile of brush.
- Brush/limbs must not be tied, bundled, in containers, bagged, or in the street.
- Yard waste bags must not exceed 50 pounds per bag, and may only consist of leaves, twigs, evergreen clippings, roots, stumps, and plants. Please do not overfill bags. They should be able to be closed.
- Yard waste bags may not contain any rocks, dirt, lumber, firewood, household trash, or foreign objects.
- Any generic biodegradable yard waste bag can be used. Plastic bags will not be collected.
- Program is for residentially-generated brush only, not contractor removals or trimming
For more information, please contact the Department of Public Service at (607) 432-2100 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org