Man Critically Burned In Masonville Fire (Update)
A Bainbridge man was critically burned in Masonville when he tried to light a propane water heater for his mother at her home. It caused an explosion and fire. 31-year-old Shayne Charles was airlifted to Upstate Medical University Hospital in Syracuse for help in their burn unit. He has burns over 60 percent of his body, and was rescued from the home by two passersby. The man’s girlfriend was outside at the time. Two others were injured in the blast. The explosion on State Route 206 happened Wednesday night around 9:30 p.m. The home was destroyed.