Hit And Run Arrest In Oneonta
On Friday November 4, 2016 at about 12:05 a.m. members of the City of Oneonta Police Department responded to Taylors Full Service, 472 Main St Oneonta NY, for a report of a hit and run motor vehicle accident. The offending vehicle was reported as a red Subaru that had continued driving east on Main St. The vehicle was located and stopped on NYS Rte. 7 in the Town of Oneonta. The operator of the vehicle was identified as:
• Wade D. Armstrong, 19 years old from Delancey NY
Further investigation into the incident revealed that Mr. Armstrong had stolen the vehicle from the Delancey area, driven to Oneonta NY, and in an attempt to steal items from Taylor Full Service, drove the vehicle into the building breaking the windows and damaging the structure along with the vehicle.
Mr. Armstrong is charged with the felonies of:
• Criminal mischief in the 2nd degree, class D felony (2 counts)
• Unauthorized use of a motor vehicle 1st degree, class D felony
• Possession of stolen property 4th degree, class E felony
• Attempted burglary in the 3rd degree, class E felony
And the misdemeanor of:
• Aggravated unauthorized operation of a motor vehicle 3rd degree
And the violation of:
• Leaving the scene of an accident
Further investigation revealed that Mr. Armstrong had driven into a business for the same reasons in the Delhi area. The New York State Police assisted with the investigation.
Mr. Armstrong was held until arraignment in the City of Oneonta court.
The maximum sentence for person who is convicted of a class D felony is a term of incarceration not to exceed 7 years
The sentence for a person convicted who is convicted of a class E felony is a term of incarceration not to exceed 4 years
The maximum sentence for a person who is convicted of a misdemeanor is a term of incarceration not exceed 1 year
NOTE: All persons are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law